Sonntag, 26. August 2012

Higher One is SO annoying!

Because I was gone for much of the summer, I had to reapply for a Higher One card in order to get my student loan refund since my university says it will no longer mail paper checks. I received the new Higher One card yesterday and just went to the MyOneMoney website to register it. The company claims that you can EITHER have your check directly deposited into a Higher One account (which you're supposed to open for that purpose) OR have the check direct deposited at another institution with a 2-3 day delay. What they don't tell you is that you have to print out and snail mail the request to have the check deposited in your regular checking account.

I have enough checking accounts to keep track of, and I'm almost done with student loans anyway, so I went through the whole procedure. But it's incredibly annoying, totally unnecessary and environmentally unsound. I just paid my regional taxes with an electronic ACH request from my checking account, so I know perfectly well that this is just a way to get new college students (who probably don't even have any stamps at home) to open an account with Higher One.

I plan to complain to the university, and I hope Higher One goes out of business very soon.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen