Donnerstag, 6. September 2012

Context for Learning

This is the first information form I need to fill out and submit to Pearson for evaluation. It has questions that even my mentor teacher couldn't answer, like what percentage of students in the class I'm planning to teach - Honors 9th grade English in a suburban school - gets free or reduced price lunches. But it also includes factors that every teacher should know, like who is on an Individualized Education Plan or who has a "504" (which refers to the section of the law that provides for accommodations to be made for students with physical disabilities or Attention Deficit Disorder), as well as questions about which textbook we are using and whether there are any curricular or other limits on what I can teach.

The form is a little confusing to fill out. At the end of every question, there's something that looks like this:

[Begin your answer here.]

I couldn't figure out whether I should write it in red, or start after the red text. Eventually I decided on the latter; hopefully it's acceptable.

I have to admit that the deadline for this, as well as the deadline for my complete set of lesson plans one week later, has crept up on me. It looks like I'll be writing the lesson plans on my birthday and submitting them on the day my daughter sings in the synagogue choir for Rosh Hashanah.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen